Thursday, August 11, 2011

Getting Started

Hey y'all!  I wanted to post pictures in progress since I figured that would be the only way to actually get them on here!

This is my CAFE Board set-up:
I got my headers from the Peony Room and/or Daily 5 and CAFE message boards on ProTeacher.  If you are at all interested in doing Daily 5 or CAFE you must check out these resources.  Everyone is great about sharing their ideas and creations.

Last year I tried having the students write the cards that go underneath each header, but found it slightly time consuming and that caused me to not really follow through with CAFE like I had hoped.  This year I am planning on using pre-made cards (you can find some here) or creating my own on the computer.  Depends on how much I get finished in the next couple of weeks!

They are really getting tough on us about paper on the walls, fire codes, etc. so I am trying to limit my wall decor this year.  But the other day when I was playing on Pinterest, I found these super cute quotes from the blog technology rocks. seriously.

Sorry for the weird angle, but the reflection was TERRIBLE!

I saved these as jpeg files and sent them to Walgreens to print as 5x7 photos.  Some of them came out a little cropped but it isn't really noticeable.  I bought dollar 8x10 frames from Dollar Tree and just mounted the photos on scrapbook paper I already had.  I think they turned out super cute!

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Those signs are super cute!!! I love them!

    http://firstgradewizards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am hoping that those thoughts will rub off on me and my students!

    ReplyDelete